Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Horsepower v. Legpower

So I biked to work today for the first time, which is really embarrassing because I live only a couple of miles from work. It took me a while to figure out why, after almost two years, I haven't biked before. Aside from the fact that I have a perfectly working car, these are the best excuses I could come up with:

Top 10 reasons not to bike to work:

1) Sweaty socks.

2) Helmet hair.

3) That "you think you are saving the planet, don't you, you son of a bitch" look you get from coworkers.

4) Tucking your pants into your sock.

5) Rouge late afternoon rainstorms.

6) Actual, physical effort required to get to work.

7) Helpful comments, gestures, and crushed soda cans from passing motorists.

8) Actual, physical effort required to get back home.

9) Being associated to the dude biking the other direction with spandex shorts, rear-view helmet mirror, 30 lb. beer belly, and neon pink reflector vest.

10) Sweaty socks. They just suck.

No comments: