Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Random Thoughts

Have you ever convinced someone to watch a comedy special on HBO, and they sit through the whole thing without laughing. I find that really embarrassing. It's happened multiple times.

Have you ever wondered why America, the action-loving, full-throttle, 30-second attention span country has a national pastime of baseball? 9 men standing still for three hours?

Have you ever looked at a thread of internet comments and watched as they got progressively more and more offensive? Until at the end, they are both shooting one-liners back and forth. The best part, I think, is that the newest comments are at the top, so you always read the end of the argument and work back down in reverse order, like Memento.

----
To spanks_a_lot:

I'm retarded? fuck you, you little fag! Go suck my nuts!
-cheeze_breath

----

To cheeze_breath:

You're retarded. Everyone knows that a Northeastern Weeping Willow far outnumbers the White Conifer on the eastern seaboard! Go read an Audubon book you gay!
-spanks_a_lot

----

To spanks_a_lot:

While I see you're point, and I must respectfully disagree in accordance with your population study. I spent fifteen years documenting the seeding patterns of the great White Conifer tree, and have written several books about the experience. Where did you get your P.H.D.? Brown? Ha!
-cheeze_breath

-----

No comments: