Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy 100th Blog!

Hi Ya'll

I would like to invite you to share in my 100th blog celebration! I had a speech prepared, but I can't find it right now. Hold on, I think I found it. No, that's just a receipt. Well, it went something like this.

I could not have gotten here without all of your help. Thanks to countless hours of boring work, boring Boxborough, Itunes, my comfy chair, and my 15-30 anonymous readers per day! None of this would be possible without you. In actuality, the blog was intended as a satirical-picture website upon its conception. Here are a couple of samples from when I started it in 2006.

http://seeandsigh.blogspot.com/2006/12/mi-casa-es-su-casa-mexican-congress.html

http://seeandsigh.blogspot.com/2007/11/amid-turmoil-devastation-man-finds.html

The URL 'seeandsigh.blogspot.com' was a description of my reaction whenever I read a slightly clever pun, but it wasn't quite funny enough to laugh at. I also titled it Iron-E because I couldn't think of anything better to put up there. If my name was Eric, or Edmund, or Zach Effron, it would have been a lot more clever.

After about a week, my interest subsided and I didn't pick it back up until a year from then when I boredom-induced vertigo would hit me so frequently at work, I would just arrive in the morning with crutches so I would survive the day without collapsing of ennui.

You're exaggerating, you saying. Nobody has that much free time at work. Oh yeah? I wrote a trilogy about how I bought my alarm clock last February. Go ahead, check the archives.

Seriously, THANKS for reading, and I hope that the blog gets even more entertaining (like that's possible!) in a week when I make like Fievel and move out west.

Music starting to play...

Oh crap. I'd also like to thank my HP, blogger.com... um... I wish I had that damn paper.

Music playing louder...

Oh here it is! Welcome to the 100th blog, I'd like to take this short time to th-

No comments: