Thursday, December 11, 2008

Owens: Romo Took My Last Diet Coke




DALLAS, Texas - In a recent press conference, famously outspoken NFL wide-receiver Terrell Owens parlayed his displeasure with yet another Dallas Cowboy.  Owens claims that the Cowboy quarterback, Tony Romo took the last Diet Coke in the team cooler when "it was obvious that it belonged to [Owens]".

"T.O. always leaves a Diet Coke in the fridge for when T.O. gets thirsty! And Romo knows that!" Exclaimed Owens, who was wearing a fur coat at the privately-held meeting with the press in Dallas. "I thought Romo was my boy, but it's hard for me to ignore this level of person aggression. There is no respect for T.O. and what T.O. brings to this team."

Coach Wade Phillips responded via text message to our network giving an official response from the incident.

"well, terell is a spcl man. if he wnts a D.C. then, i believe that i should ask jerry jones about that. i think that terell has a valid point and next week we will make sure to have more of his favorite beverage. thnx for asking my opinion. do you want to be my friend?"

The seemingly inconsolable Owens harped further on the latest incidence after the initial volley of questions.

"I mean I even said yesterday - I really like Diet Coke, don't you Tony? I specifically remember saying that to him. And he nodded. No respect man."

Romo was found for comment studying film for the upcoming game against New York.

"Why would I take his stupid soda? I hate Diet Coke." 

Romo then leaned in as if to imply secrecy, 

"unless, of course, I did it just to fuel that paranoid, loud-mouthed, complaining, 8-year old head of his."

The Dallas quarterback smirked, and then went back to studying receiving patterns that don't involve wide-receivers.

This incidence has been the latest issue with Owens, with his previous grievances aimed at other players, the head coach Wade Phillips, and other quarterbacks in the league. Most famous, was his tiff with Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, where Owens claimed that McNabb kept shaving off small layers from the bottom of his 'pimp cane' until it became too small to use.

No comments: