Thursday, January 31, 2008

Entertainment

If my writing needs to be anything, it needs to be entertaining. I need to find prose that captures interest, makes the reader think that they know what I am saying, but then leaves them with a begrudging and resigned smirk when the discourse takes an unexpected, but piquant turn.

I want my writing to be admired like an imaculatly prepared dish at the finest restaurant under the most elegant and elusive candlelight. But with each bite, the reader starts to understand the flavor, novel and exciting, and becomes entirely focused on satsfying every solopistic tastebud in their mouth. The fork could not move quicker, but the tounge lounges, letting it all seep in.

An article would be a snack, and a novel would be a meal.

To write like that would be something else. I'm hungry now.

No comments: