Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fwd: Fwd: Bullsh#t

My first kneejerk reaction to a mass-email I just received was very harsh and verbally violent. And I don't really want all of you to witness my literary Mr. Hyde, so I took a deep breath and I will start over, as a calmer, more peaceful Dr. Jekyll.

This all happened when I was forwarded an email about Obama by anon. I am not bothered by the first amendment. Nor am I some blind follower of Obama. This isn't about politics, it's about... Ok let me just break this down. Deep breath. Oh and I found out the original author of this article is a journalist for Fox News.

Points of the article:

1) The nifty little note at the top is in bright red large font, explaining that their critique of Obama is by another black man.

Ok good. As long as the man is black, we can rule out racism. Phew. The only way I won't trust him now is if he turns out to be bat-shit crazy.

2) Claims that Obama will ruin our healthcare system, which is the best in the world.

Really? The best in the world? It seems to me that other developed countries have healthy people... And they don't pay much, if anything to go to the doctor. (sorry, this isn't meant to be a political rant)

3) Obama, may in fact, be the anti-christ.

Wait, what? Let me read that again. Wow. He seriously just said that. And then devoted two entire paragraphs explaining how Revelations predicted something just like this. Who sent me this email? OK, well even if he IS the anti-christ, that doesn't mean he's unelectable right? He may lead mankind marching single file into Hell, but where does he stand on immigration?

I am pretty sure that the person who wrote the last two paragraphs was different that the original accredited author, but if you ever send me one of those intellectually lifeless, propagandistic emails again, I'll respond to the whole chain (grandma will get one) ripping up every point you think you might have made. Easy Hyde, easy.

No comments: