Monday, June 30, 2008

Oye Como Va

Just about a month ago, I would have died to be able to sleep in till 7:30AM. Now the morning light at 7:30 is something I only catch a groggy glimpse of on mornings that I am too hung over to sleep. The only side effect of my new sleeping pattern is a twinge of guilt, that can be eased by working out, doing laundry, or cleaning my room. All of which I now perform daily.

I am trying to set my alarm at 9:00 these days though. Maybe someday it will drop to 8. We'll see. Today I got up, took the dog for a walk in the woods, got some coffee, watched the pilot of The Office with commentaries, and made sure that there were no major changeups on facebook.com. Daunting tasks that, without my hardnosed and go-getting attitude, may never have been accomplished.

Other tasks completed today:

1) Not scratching my poison ivy.

2) Finding out the name of the song I heard this weekend that I liked was Winner, by Santana.

3) Downloading Winner -Santana illegaly.

4) Pooping.

5) Listening to Winner a few times.

6) Wondering if I am a 'winner'. Then realizing that 'winning' is subjective, and not to worry about it.

7) Making a seafood salad sandwich, and feeling bad for myself for not winning more things.

8) Deleting the song Winning by Santana, from my hard drive.

You see? My day is probably every bit as full as yours. You slacker. I win.

No comments: