Sunday, July 20, 2008

Excusa-tor: The One-A-Day Pill For Procrastinators!

Tomorrow is test run #2. It has been my suspicion for quite some time now, that I have been, and continue to be, afflicted with ADHD. The disorder that is undiagnosable. The disorder that is controversial. And best of all, the disorder that is a complete cop-out.

Test run #1 was last Wednesday. I got up late and took the 12-hour, time release Concerta pill at 11:00AM. I was pleasantly surprised that, while at Starbucks writing, I storyboarded my entire next episode. After that, I went to the bank and opened a checking account. Then I went to the RMV and renewed my license. No joke. That was the most productive day I have had since the great grocery shopping/clothes washing/paper writing Sunday of 2005. And those events only transpired because I was out of food/clean clothes/time to procrastinate. Last Wednesday marks a day of unprecedented and cyborg-like work ethic.

In addition to completing a months worth of to-do's, I also experienced a pleasantly entertaining light-headedness, along with a feeling that my hand was about to start shaking like a recovering alcoholic's tempting grasp at a brewery tour. Oh, I also couldn't go to sleep till 2:00AM.

So tomorrow is test run #2. Despite the sidled uncertainties of health complications, tomorrow brings with it endless possibilities. Who knows, I could write a whole novel, re-roof my house, and apply for law school before my lunch break. Or maybe I'll just act really weird around people and bright lights. Only time will tell.

So forge on pharmaceutical companies! Bring on more drugs to more solutions. Change my chemical make-up until I can focus with the strength of ten MIT honors students!
Or at least give me a placebo that gets me off my ass once in a while.

No comments: