Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Event of the day

So Juno comes out today. Which is good. It is my 'event of the day'. Daily events are something that I really appreciate because they break up what can otherwise easily become a mundane and forgetful week or, God forbid, month. I like these events so much that somtimes I will even break out my daily planner and scratch them in. Here are some other daily events that liken my lifestyle to the ever-bustling day traders on Wall Street, or the ER Doctors in Cook County.

1) Do taxes. I actually got pretty far on this one, but never actually finished them on this date. I had all the papers out and was doing them myself in my room. I felt like the Macguyver of CPAs, the Magellan of accounting, only the waters I was exploring were very charted, and very very specific. I really hope I don't get audited.

2) Go to grocery store. This one is pretty self explanatory. Just the 'ol milk 'n cereal run. I go through a lot of that.

3) Apply to jobs. Unfortunately this was about as specific as my task was for the day, and it ended inducing an introspective wall-staring funk that eventually upgraded to a coma. I am learning that my tasks need to be very specific, or I will overwhelm myself with extraneous details and options. Where do I want to work? What do I want to do? Who do I want to live with? What is the meaning of life...ad nauseum. I woke up just in time for work the next morning with a killer headache, unaware of what just happened.

4) Download Kings of Leon songs. Great band. Sorry excuse for the planned activities of a whole day.

5) Buy Juno.

And here we go, full swinging back to today. You have just taken part in a circle narrative, I hope you had fun. It ate away about twenty minutes of my 10 hour day here at the bank, so I did.

No comments: