Thursday, April 17, 2008

Norton Anti-Buy (One-Day Deal!!)

So if steepandcheap.com wasn't insidious enough, now I have another impulse-buy, Satan run website to part me from my over-earned money. Woot.com. Don't go there. Seriously.

I just went there during my lunch break and franticly purchased a $650 computer. Most expensive lunch EVER. It runs on the one-deal-per-day principal, which is good for them because it allows the customers to get really nervous that they might miss a great deal. Or save for retirement, or in my case, rent. The best part about this alluring meta-mall, is that it exclusively sells electronics. Which means: you don't need any of it. There is absolutely nothing on the foray of past sold items, ranging from bluetooth headsets to Onkyo home entertainment systems, that I, or anyone else actually needs. $645 I probably need. A super-fast new computer for video editing? I doubt it.

Maybe I won't eat for a couple of weeks, maybe I won't use electricity, who knows? I just know that I have to cut back on something to pay for this damn supercomputer. That's what makes it exciting! It is a game that, as a ski coach, I have become alarmingly good at.

Screw having anti-virus software, I need anti-purchase software. So whenever I try to buy something online, it sends it to my savings account instead. And then sends an admonishing electronic jolt through the mouse that knocks my off my swivel chair. Maybe I could sell this program. For a great price of $600. Email me if you are interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.