Sunday, October 12, 2008

Troughs and Peaks

Highs and Lows of my craigslist experience so far:

Low: Couldn't find an apartment that wasn't either $1,500 for a room, or in the dreaded 'valley'.

High: Found a motorcycle!

Low: Motorcycle was too far away to risk the trip.

High: Found another motorcycle - and bought it! Who cares, i just need a way to get around.

Low: Realized that the fact that the motorcycle not starting when I looked at it might have been a red flag.

Low: Trying to fix my new motorcycle.

High: Found an apartment!

High: Moved to beach town Santa Monica, yay!

Low: The rent is how much? Oh well, my complete reckless abandon of logic and all-things-responsible has taken me this far! Lets try my luck!

Low: Nobody replies to these damn job postings... do I have a typo in my resume?

Low: Resending updated resume to businesses.

High: Got a metal-frame, glass topped Ikea desk for $50 and then talked him down to $10!

Low: Got an Ikea bed frame for $40, but she talked me up to $80.

Low: Got a missed connection from leatherloverman69 three times in one day. the missed connection was in front of my apartment.

Low: Can't find taser in the immediate area for a good price.

No comments: